Update: We have released a fourth and final release candidate (20140719) which fixes a few remaining issues. Thanks to everyone who reported problems and submitted fixes!
We have just released our
first fourth July release candidate, playtest-20140709 playtest-20140719.
This short development cycle has been extremely productive, and includes some long-awaited features:
- The RA and TD game music can now be downloaded and installed from the in-game music player.
- Capturing enemy structures in RA and TD will now let you build units from their faction.
- The maximum tech level can be configured in the lobby options.
- Added an option to lock the mouse cursor inside the game window.
Other big changes include:
- Fixed a number of crashes that were introduced in the last release.
- Improved performance and memory usage.
- Added beacon images for the RA spy plane, paratroopers, and parabombs.
- Multiple players can now repair a building at an accelerated rate.
- Added engine support for diamond-shaped (“isometric”) terrain (an important milestone for our TS mod).