We are pleased to announce the June release of OpenRA. This is another huge milestone, with 52 authors contributing a total of 1582 commits since our holiday release.
For the textually inclined, a brief summary of our key changes are:
- Significant UI improvements for selecting mods, the game lobby, replays, and spectating.
- Dramatic load-time improvements.
- Beacons for signaling team-mates and observers, and viewing the status of support powers.
- Aircraft and helicopters can now attack-move, guard, and be guarded by ground units.
- Vehicle husks can now be destroyed or captured.
- The RA mod now includes the Phase transport and a new Soviet Hijacker infantry.
- The D2K mod now includes concrete, the Grenadier, and a collection of graphical improvements.
- The TD mod received a collection of balance improvements, and several new maps.
- Our Tiberian Sun mod saw significant development, but will not be ready for several more months.
The full list of important changes are available on our wiki. We have also improved our website and build server, which are now “in the cloud”. Our new openra.net domain is served from Github Pages, and our installer packages are created using Travis CI. These changes should significantly improve the website responsiveness and download speeds.